How you can help..............................
St Matthew’s is a church for the community.
It does not have access to funds from benefactors or other church bodies whether nationally or at local or diocesan level.
With the exception of any grants we may be able to obtain, we rely on the generosity of individuals to fund everything we do, so we need your help to achieve this vision.
You can help in two important ways:
You can make a donation – either on a regular basis, or as a one-off gift. Even a modest monthly sum over several years makes quite a difference. A tax payer can effectively add 25% to their gift through Gift Aid. (Higher rate taxpayers themselves receive a further tax rebate!).
You can leave a legacy to St. Matthew’s in your will. Deciding to leave a legacy doesn’t require the drafting of a new will if an individual already has a will – it can be amended with a simple codicil. Our Treasurer can send you a brochure giving further information.
Whether you are running a fundraising event for us or would like to make a donation to our project, there are several ways you can get the funds to us:
- Cheques/postal orders – please make cheques or postal orders payable to “Leyburn PCC” and send to :
Paul Carnell, Treasurer, c/o The Vicarage, I’Anson Close, Leyburn, DL8 5LF
- Debit/Credit card – click or tap the ‘Donate’ button at the foot of each page
- Online fundraising page – visit uk.virginmoneygiving.com and search for ‘St Matthews Leyburn’
- Directly into our bank account – go to any branch of Barclays or use online banking to pay into our bank account, sort code 20-25-29, account number 70430099
- Use our Pledge Form – right-click this link and ‘save link as’ or ‘save target as’ to download the form
“St Matthews Church will provide a much needed environmentally-friendly hub for Leyburn. Residents- young and old – businesses, visitors to the area and tourists will all be able to benefit from the facilities that will be on offer.”
Cllr Karin Sedgwick
Richmondshire District Council